Taxes can be applied in two different ways, inclusive and exclusive.
Tax can be enabled or disabled.
In inclusive tax, only one tax can be created which becomes a part of the retail price, so no more taxes are added to the subtotal. In exclusive tax, more than one tax can be added, and all these are added to the subtotal.
Tax is not applied on any additional charges or delivery.
How to setup inclusive tax
1. Sign in to your admin panel using your backend URL which is similar to “yourdomainname/login”.
2. On the left navigation, go to the ‘Tax and Charges > Tax’.
3. To select ‘Inclusive’ as your tax type. Tap on the ‘Change’ button on the left top corner.
4. A window will pop up, select ‘Inclusive’ from the drop-down bar.
5. Insert the details of Inclusive tax, and click on submit.
6. An inclusive tax is created successfully.
How to setup exclusive tax
1. Re-change the tax type to ‘Exclusive’ and click on submit.
2. Click on ‘Add New Tax’ on the top right corner.
3. Fill in the details of an exclusive tax, and click on submit.
4. An exclusive tax is created successfully.