When a new customer signs up on your website, an activation link is sent to them via email. If the customer clicks the activation link, he is successfully registered. To login, he must click on the activation link. The ones who complete the process are active customers and those who do not click on the activation link are inactive customers.
All this information about active and inactive customers is stored in the backend with all the details provided by the customer such as the name, email Id, contact number, and password. However, new customers can also be added from the backend directly.
To add new customers:
- Sign in to your admin panel using your backend URL which is similar to “yourdomainname/login”.
- On the left navigation, go to the ‘Settings > Customers’.
- Click on ‘Add new customer’ on the top right corner.
- Fill in the details and click on submit.
- A new customer is successfully added.